Friday, February 28, 2014

Green and Blue

Feeling depressed? You will soon! I like to take a break from comedic writing every now and then and bang out a sappy woe-is-me poem. This is one of those poems. *cue music from Law and Order*


Green and Blue/ 3:35 AM/Tears on Cotton/Melancholy Reflections

I'm so lonely
No one to hold me
Nothing's below me
The forgotten one

Does anyone hear me
Just want someone near me
Settle for less to relieve some of the stress

Trying to hold on
It'll be over soon
Knowing your worth but feeling no one else does

What's the lesson to be learned
Can't move forward when is love thats yearned
A life so full with voices
Now the only one is in my head

The shame is the worst of all
Everyone watching as you fall
Further and further into yourself
Given up on saving you
It's ok I gave up too

Unsure of my escape route
Do I even have the tools
Watching life happen all around me
So easy it seems for everyone not me

Wings spread but never learned how to fly
Too afraid of the ground to reach the sky
Suspended in between the two
Green and blue

How to move on?
Thought I had already
Used to wish for no more pain
Now I feel nothing and it makes me yearn for the tears
Then I knew I was alive at least

So what now
Make a plan with promises I can't keep
But what holds me back
Feeling as though soon I will crack

Where is home? I'm sick for it
Little girl lost


This is no life
For me
For anyone

Melted candles and a broken cross

No comments:

Post a Comment